PSEG is proud to announce PSEG Ready2Work, a new half-million-dollar private investment in the residents of the city of Bridgeport. This apprenticeship readiness training program will consist of five classes over a 14-month period to prepare Bridgeport residents, including minorities, women and veterans, for potential apprenticeships in the various building trades. PSEG has designed this program in accordance with commitments made in a Community Environmental Benefit Agreement (CEBA). The program will be administered by The WorkPlace, with comprehensive training supplied by Building Pathways Connecticut.
The PSEG Ready2Work program provides intensive training that gets you ready to apply for high-paying union apprenticeships in a just few short weeks. Program benefits include:
• Get the skills for entry-level employment in the construction industry
• Train for a career, debt-free
• Earn multiple certifications, including OSHA 10, CPR, Green Awareness in Construction and more
• All books, tools and supplies provided free of charge
• Equal opportunity: women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply
• Trade union-based program
• Nationally recognized, comprehensive curriculum
• Exposure to a wide range of construction trades
The PSEG Ready2Work program helps you develop basic skills that apply to any construction trade you choose to enter. Class size is kept small to provide individualized attention and help you succeed. The 120 hour Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3) online curriculum is utilized along with 280 classroom instruction hours and hands-on training experiences. The curriculum is divided into nine sections:
• Construction industry orientation
• Tools and materials
• Construction health and safety (including OSHA 10 and CPR)
• How to read blueprints
• Basic math for construction
• Heritage of the American worker
• Diversity in the construction industry
• Green construction
• Financial literacy
Classes start in January 2019! Submit your application by January 18th!
For more information, please contact Debra Keel at The Workplace. Call 203-610-8141 or email email@example.com.